Building a home

Familievennlig boligområde under oppføring Foto: Omdømmeprosjektet
Photo: Beate Brostrøm

If you want to build your own home, there are – of course – plenty of opportunities, either on a council-regulated housing estate or privately owned land.

For plots of land in centrally regulated areas, contact the local council planning officer. If you want to build outside a regulated area, contact the council’s surveyors office. They will be able to provide guidance regarding partition, surveying, mapping, updating the property register, allocation of an address and other matters relating to land development and boundaries.

E-mail this Print this